Rise to Zero – Our Story
When we took over the Rise in mid 2019, we had a vision for creating and amazing resort with wow factor, but also a resort that challenged the status quo in a number of key areas .
A big part of that vision was challenging the industry norms about Resorts impact on the environment. Becuase we come from outside industry, it has really helped us ask a lot of “dumb” questions and to take a genuinely fresh perspective on environmental sustainability, particularly when you have no idea what is expected and why things have always been done a certain way. So you simply keep asking questions like why and so pretty soon you find most things are done a certain way because that’s how the last people did it”.
Since taking over we have already:
Completed the excellent Tourism Noosa Eco Check
Read More about Tourism Noosa Eco Check Initiative here
Signed up with Plastic Free Noosa to work with them to become one of the first Accommodation Champions
Partnered with Tourism Noosa to identify ways to replace our amenity range removing single use plastics.
We are now working with other leading groups and individuals in Noosa to turn the ideas from our business plan into a reality. We are encouraging our suppliers, partners and guests to get on board as we rise to Zero.
Our targets are in development as we want to establish a set of KPI’s with specific measurable numbers:
By Dec 2019
- Complete Base Line EcoBiz Audit in Q3 2019
- Target Zero single use plastics in amenities by June 2020*
- Phase out as many single use plastics as possible
- Introduce Communications to Guests & Owners about how they can help
By Dec 2020
- 30% Rubbish Reduction by increased recycling and signage
- 20% Water Reduction through improved landscaping and better cleaning
- 20% Power Reduction through changes to lighting nad heating practices